Squidge suggestion

From: Richard Dale <richard.dale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 11:55:50 +0800

Hi Mark,

Great product! I've been playing with refresh patterns and using
squidge to check things out.

Since I use the Squid log files here to bill back Internet usage to the
clients, I can't really move the log files out the way so I can analyse
the effect that the refresh pattern has made to the system.

So, it would be nice to be able to specify to Squidge the first log
entry to use in access.log to process from.

This could be done in a few different ways:

1. Base UTC time specified (e.g. 905832266)
2. Offset from now (eg -30min, -2hrs, -1week etc.)
3. Since time of last restart (check cache.log first)
4. Since the restart N times ago (useful if people restart their
squid once a day perhaps)

Also, It would be nice to also have a human-readable first and last
access date to allow better interpretation of the results.

I'm no Python programmer (I prefer Perl myself) but I would delve in if
I had some more time.

Best regards,
Richard.

Richard Dale - AOT Consulting
        Suite 4, Business Centre, Technology Park
        2 Brodie Hall Drive
        Bentley Perth WA 6102 Australia
        ph +61 8 9451 0853 fax +61 8 9451 0889
        email richard.dale@aotconsulting.com.au
 AOT Consulting has a policy to use digital signatures
and certificates for confidential information. Please contact
us if you wish to exchange information using this
security mechanism.