Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid 1.2 formats and other Q's.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 05:26:58 +0200

Peter Marelas wrote:

> I guess the other issue is how long is it going to take to fsck large
> dirty filesystems. It amounts to downtime.
>
> But, regardless, a user is generally not required if you modify your
> run level start script to force fsck with -y.

For automated caches it is probably more suitable to newfs a cache disk
if a normal fsck fails. It is hard to tell what errors that may occur
or how long time a fsck -y takes.

* newfs is always quicker than fsck on a dirty filesystem.
* newfs leaves the filesystem in a well known state (empty).
* cache data is non-critical.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker