Re: Question about access.log

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 22:59:34 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Mir Farooq Ali wrote:

> Hi! What does the second entry in the each line of the squid access.log
> mean? The FAQ mentions it as "elapsed", but it's not clear to me what this
> means. Can anybody please clarify this for me?

If you scroll down the FAQ page a bit you might find Section 6.4, "Field
Definitions". Here is the definition for "elapsed":

The time elapsed (milliseconds) during the client connection. For HTTP
requests, this is the time between the accept() and close() system calls for
the TCP socket. For ICP requests, this represents the time between scheduling
the reply message for sending and actually sending it.

Alex.