Cache manager Utilisation section + MRTG for Squid

From: Evaghelos Tsiotsios <etsiot@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 13:54:28 +0300

Hi all Squidders,

I am using MRTG to monitor our router to Internet and switch.
I currently integrated mrtg for Squid (by Matija Grabnar) and I tweaked a
bit the perl code in order to get Bandwidth rate for Squid.
I am running Squid 1.1.22
The question is: In the cachemanager Utilisation section what the
Transferred KB stands for?
Only objects fetched from the Internet or also objects from the cache
(local+parent)? In the latter case, what is going on with objects fetched
from parents? My parents are not within the network, so this traffic should
be added to the Internet traffic.

Total traffic = Locally Cached objects (A) + Parent Cached Objects (B) +
Objects Not Found in neither caches (C).

I want to monitor bw consumption (B)+(C)

Best,
Evaghelos.