Re: looking for the easiest way to filter urlīs

From: Nick O'Brien <N.OBrien@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:16:12 +0100 (British Summer Time)

Hi Detlef,

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:59:22 +0200 Detlef Mauritz
<Detlef.Mauritz@borken.de> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> what is the easiest way to filter unwanted urlīs with squid?
> We want to connect some schools to the internet and they should not see every webpage.

Take a look at:

http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#ss10.1

Basically you can use the Squid ACLs or a redirector. We use the ACLs as
the performance of the redirectors we have tried have been very poor.

We are obliged to ban access to pornographic sites from our site (yes I
know, I know - I don't like censorship either but we are being forced to).
If you would like a copy of our list to get started with (I assume you are
trying to ban porn) let me know and I'll provide a copy.

        Rgds.,

                Nick.

# Nick O'Brien, Computer Officer "It gives me a headache just to #
# Canterbury Christ Church College think down to your level", Marvin #
# Phone: +44 1227 782468 the Paranoid Android, HHGTTG #
# Email:nick@cant.ac.uk Web:http://www.cant.ac.uk/staff/nick/home.html #