Accelerating and logging...

From: Carl Fooks <carl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 10:35:37 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

We run Squid 1.1.22 here and wish to use Squid as an accelerator.

The problem we're having is the logging. We currently send out web stats
to our customers in extended common log format (i.e. common log format
with referrer and user agent tagged on the end).

Is there anyway I can use Squid as an accelerator and still log in the
same format?

If not, can I at least get Squid to "HEAD" all the requests and pass on
the user agent and referrer details like that...

... or am I asking the impossible ... :)

Cheers,
-Carl