Re: transparent proxying

From: Apiset Tananchai <aet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:42:36 +0700 (ICT)

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> It is hard to tell which redirection mechanism that is the best one of
> the two. Linux ipfwadm is fast but it has some MTU related problems
> (does not work well together with MTU path discovery Squid->client).

Would you please explain more about MTU path discovery problem when using
transparent proxy on Linux? I'm using cisco's ip policy route-map to
redirect web traffic to squid running on Linux2.0.36p10. The problem is
that some client can't browse the web while most others can and it seems
to relate to MTU setting on each hop from client to our server.

Regards,

--
aet