cache storage maintenance rate

From: Patrick Mau <patrick@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 01:29:17 +0200

Dear squid-users,

I just wanted to know if what are good values for
store_objects_per_bucket in squid.conf. I've played around
with values between 11 and 64 but I can't see much difference.
If one is caching large numbers of objects (16GB cache), is it
actually better to increase this value or should I decrease it?
I want to lower the CPU time squid uses to check cache entries.

cheers,
Patrick

PS: Sorry for this hacked-down e-mail, I'm willing to clarify things,
    if someone does not understand what I want to accomplish.