I can't get a URL

From: Vaso Iliadou <iliadou@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:21:37 +0200

Hallo,

I run a squid 1.1.22 on a DEC server. The problem is that I can't reach
the site of the search engine Altavista. I can only see the homepage of
the site and when I do a search I take no response. I've tried the
retry_patch (probably I compiled it wrong?) , I increased the
minimum_retry_timeout up to 60 seconds, but again the result is nothing.

This happens only to this specific site and I can't find what's going
wrong.
The message I get when I try to reach site is:

While trying to retrieve the URL:
http://altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=q&kl=it&q=benetton&search=Search

The following error was encountered:

  Read Error

The system returned:

    (54) Connection reset by peer

This means that:

    The remote site or network may be down. Please try again.

Generated by squid/1.1.22@demokritos.cc.duth.gr

Thanks a lot,

    Vasiliki Iliadou
- -Demokritos University of Thrace,