Re: squid2.0PRE1 & snmp

From: Glenn Chisholm <glenn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:09:42 -0600 (MDT)

> The mib description doesn't seem to be consistent.
> Some nodes couldn't be linked under the "iso" tree.
> these nodes are left:
> cacheDnsSvcTime ::= { cacheMedianSvcEntry 8 } (1)
> cacheIcpReplySvcTime ::= { cacheMedianSvcEntry 7 } (1)
> cacheIcpQuerySvcTime ::= { cacheMedianSvcEntry 6 } (1)
> cacheHttpHitSvcTime ::= { cacheMedianSvcEntry 5 } (1)
> cacheHttpNmSvcTime ::= { cacheMedianSvcEntry 4 } (1)
> cacheHttpMissSvcTime ::= { cacheMedianSvcEntry 3 } (1)
> cacheHttpAllSvcTime ::= { cacheMedianSvcEntry 2 } (1)
>
> I found that mib.txt file that come with 2.0PRE1 is a lot different from
> 1.2b24 and it really confuse my MRTG. BTW, are above message harmless, or
> am I doing something wrong?

The messages are basically harmless, they are caused by the fact that the
MIB uses SMIv2 now and the library we are using simply can not parse it
fully.

There are a number of changes in the MIB from the 1.2Beta's, you will need
to change your MRTG setup to get everything working. One of the largest
changes is that we moved it from the "experimental" to the
"private.enterprises" section of the tree. There are also a number of
changes in the the structure of the MIB as well as its composition.

glenn