Squid-2 success

From: Brian <signal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 17:42:02 -0500 (CDT)

I just ported our system from Squid-1.1.21 to Squid-2-REL, and all went
smooth. I nuked the cache, but that's ok, won't take long for 6.5GB to
fill up.

Very minor changes needed to be done to the config file, it was a breeze
looking at the old config and comparing to the new. We are transparently
redirecting about 300 simultaneous connections through it with no
problems.

CPU utilization looks to be less than Squid-1.1, and speed is *alot*
faster, at least it seems that way. Any quick performance tweaks from
stock install to get this going even faster? async-io?

Brian

Brian Feeny (BF304) | ShreveNet Inc. - Premium Internet Service Provider
Network Administrator | Shreveport, Louisiana - http://www.shreve.net/
signal@shreve.net | Web Hosting, Virtual Domains, Storefronts,
(318)222-2NET x 109 | Database/Web Integration, 56k, ISDN, T1