Updates in Cache

From: Ron Andrews <aron@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 12:09:07 MST

I have a web server and a squid proxy (version 1.2.24). I have not
modified the squid.conf file to deal with how long a file should be
cached (all defaults are in use).

My question deals with updating an html file on my web server and
having that file refreshed in the proxy's cache.

Sometimes when I update a file on the web server it seems to update
the cache imediately. Other times, it takes days.

I haven't found any specific pattern to how long it takes.

An example follows:

Last Saturday I updated a file on the web server and it was cached on
the proxy server imediately. Five minutes later I made another
change. That change has still not effected the cache.

aron@nebo.EDU

Ron Andrews 350 South Main Street Phone: (801)798-4000
Technical Services Spanish Fork, Utah FAX: (801)798-4010
Nebo School District 84660 Home: (801)798-2062