Re: [squid-users] Re: Problems with 2.0 on Digital UNIX 4.0

From: Chris Tilbury <cudch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:39:37 +0100

On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 10:20:47AM +0400, Sergey S. Kosyakov wrote:

> But gcc fails when compiling with '--enable-async-io'.
>
> On 09-Oct-98 David Luyer wrote:
> >
> > Sergey S. Kosyakov wrote:
> >
> > [ complaints about Squid not compiling with Digital Unix cc in K&R C mode
> > snipped -- cc on Digital Unix default mode is -std0 or K&R C ]
> >
> > These aren't bugs. Use "cc -std1". Squid says it needs an ANSI C compiler
> > and suggests gcc. Either using the ansi flags to cc (-std1) or using gcc
> > as suggested work just fine. There's no reason squid should support K&R C.

So use "cc -std1", then, as David suggests, or show us what happens when you
try and build it with async IO using gcc.

It strikes me that the bug here is not that Squid requires ANSI C, but that
you can't get async IO working under Digital UNIX. You'll get more help
fixing the latter problem than the former.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Tilbury, UNIX Systems Administrator, IT Services, University of Warwick
EMAIL: cudch+s@csv.warwick.ac.uk PHONE: +44 1203 523365(V)/+44 1203 523267(F)