Bug with RunCache ? (Re: Squid won't release rc.local after it starts)

From: Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 10:02:31 +0200

On 1998-10-11T04:01:45,
   Henny Bekker <H.Bekker@accu.uu.nl> said:

> Or use /usr/local/squid/bin/RunCache &

I've upgraded to squid v2 now and encountered a strange problem:

I run squid via RunCache. When I change the configuration files, I send squid
-HUP. Under v1, this worked just fine - under v2, shorty thereafter, RunCache
starts to start new squid processes! (While the old one is still running)

The new processes die of course, since the http_port is bound to the already
running process, RunCache looping forever. What is happening here?

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
Lars Marowsky-Brée