Re: [squid-users] Failed to select source

From: Chris Tilbury <cudch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:12:24 +0100

On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 10:28:53AM +0100, Niall Doherty wrote:

> Anyone know what "failed to select source" means ? Doesn't sound good... :-)
> We're inside a firewall - could this message be caused if all parents were
> "down" ? What will squid do in this case ? Does it wait ? or say not accessible
> or something ? how does the client see the problem ? (I'm sure I'll find out
> fairly quickly from our users if it happens again :-)

It means you are inside a firewall and all parents were inaccessible. Users
will have an error page returned to them explaining that squid could not
forward the request (ERR_CANNOT_FORWARD, I think).

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Tilbury, UNIX Systems Administrator, IT Services, University of Warwick
EMAIL: cudch+s@csv.warwick.ac.uk PHONE: +44 1203 523365(V)/+44 1203 523267(F)