Re: Squid 2.0 Compilation Error in Redhat 5.1

From: Benjamin de los Angeles Jr. <bench@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:06:17 +0800 (CST)

Yes, I started from a clean squid tree. The only thing that has
undergone lots of changes is the kernel source and headers.

Originally, I'm using 2.0.35-2 kernel source/headers, but since the
latest RAID patch conflicts with them I've uninstalled the 2.0.35-2
headers/source, and replaced it with the original kernel (2.0.35).

Aside from the latest RAID patch I also patch the kernel with the
latest aic7xxx driver to support my 7890 SCSI controller.

Anyway, for some reason I removed the kernel source tree and now
when I'm installing, it asks for asm/param.h and I found out that
the file is built when I compiled the kernel, after 'make dep'. So
I reinstalled kernel 2.0.35.

Then when I do a './configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid' then some
include files can't be found.

Does this have to do with the kernel sources/headers?