Socket Not Connected

From: Ahlam Asad <ahlam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:04:48 -0500

Hello,

I have squid setup on a BSDI 3.1 server in proxy mode. Squid was
working perfectly till it suddenly stopped functioning. I do not see
anything suspisious in /var/log/squid/cache.log when I start squid. I
get this error message, however, in /var/log/squid/cache.log when I try
to access any site.
ERR_CONNECT_FAIL: http://www.infocomusa.com/

I also get this on the client side.

The following error was encountered:

    Connection Failed

The system returned:

    (57) Socket is not connected

This means that:

    The remote site or server may be down. Please try again soon.

Generated by squid/1.1.18@CS101.riyadh.zajil.com

It does this with all sites and not this specific sites only.

What happened??

Thank you in advance,
Ahlam Asad
System Administrator