Re: perl script to search cache for mp3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:28:36 +0200

Ben O'Shea wrote:

> working at an isp we have a large cache (duh), so i hada to write a
> little script to search the cache for mp3s (who can get thru a working
> day without mp3?) was wondering how i would go about this...

Depends on squid version..

1.1.X: grep '\.mp3$" cache/log

2.0: Little more complicated. Squid 2 uses a hash of the URL as store
key. You may need to reverse engineer the store format and search the
cache directories to find files that maches a given pattern.

Or you could track access.log, and get mp3 files others have requested
(use "Cache-Control: only-if-cached" to limit this to cached objects).

---
Henrik Nordström
Spare time Squid hacker