Re: ftp not working

From: Mark Foster <M.E.Foster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 14:53:59 +0000

> From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de>
>
> At 13:41 20.10.98 +0200, Oeschey, Lars wrote:
> >our proxys all of a sudden wonīt do any ftp no more.... with browsers
> >(Netscape 4 and IE4) i get a timeout, with cute_ftp accessed via IP it
> >works. Both the 1.1.20 and the 2.0 Release (which has no longer ftpget
> >processes?) donīt do any ftp, though http works fine...
>
> Probably somebody changed your firewall filtering rules.
> (Or installed one in the first place.)

Not necessarily... I have experienced the same problems here.
I can use http fine but cannot get ftp urls through squid2.x
and I can say with certainty that it is not our firewall.

Mark

---
Mark Foster, University of Sussex Computing Service, Falmer, UK. BN1 9QJ
EMail: m.e.foster@sussex.ac.uk    -    VOICE/FAX: +44 1273 678902/271956
"There are no such useless words as...'I didn't have a chance.'"
                                                         [Driving, HMSO]