Re: Proxy_auth with Squid 2.0

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:18:51 +0200

Yuriy Kouznetsov wrote:

> Is there another external auth progam with users and users groups
> (NCSA not have this support)... And how i use into squid auth (with
> and without patch for auth)?...

Squid currently has no support of external user groups.

What you can do (with my patch in place) is to have local files listing
the users of each group, and them refer to them using "filename" syntax.

acl VIP proxy_auth "/usr/local/squid/etc/bosses.group"
acl staff proxy_auth "/usr/local/squid/etc/staff.group"
acl all_users proxy_auth REQUIRED

The downside is that a reconfigure is currently needed when updating a
group list.

---
Henrik Nordström
Spare time Squid hacker