Squid tries to bypass parent cache

From: Andreas Jung <ajung@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 21:56:44 +0200 (MET DST)

I am running a Squid 2.0 inside a private network. This squid has
our main big squid as parent:

cache_peer saarland.sz-sb.de parent 88 3130 no-query

In some cases my squid tries to fetch the URL directly by bypassing the
parent cache. This seems to happen when there is something like "cgi-bin"
in the URL - I know it sound strange however I have not seen such a
strange behaviour ouf squid within the last two years since I am using
squid. I always get "no route to host" as error response. There are also
specific "cgi" setting in the squid.conf (out-of-the-box installation).
hierarchy_stoplist is enabled but some dummy strings != "cgi*".

Any idea ?

Andreas