ASP and CGI pages Hang

From: Jeff Madison <jeff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:27:32 -0600

A few days ago I sent a message to the list regarding a problem I was having
with Squid2.0.Patch2. The problem was the pages that contained ASP or CGI
would timeout and appear to hang. I am running on Solaris 2.6 on Intel 2
way PII systems.

Solution
For those interested it turns out that the problem lies with IPFilter 3.2.9
which I also upgrade to from 3.2.7 when I move to Squid2.0.Patch2. Upon
returning to IPFilter 3.2.7 Squid runs better than ever. I don't know if
this is an issue with other OS's or if it is a Solaris specific problem.

Jeff Madison
Systems Engineer
(801)924-0900 x 101