Problem with Netscape Home site for de

From: Tilman Mueller-Gerbes <tmg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:21:09 +0200

Hello!

I use Squid 2.0 Patchlevel 2 and have problems accessing
the following URL
  http://home.netscape.com/de/

It seems as if Netscape's home site does respond with a META Refresh tag
and a Refresh interval of 0 seconds.

This confuses Netscape 4.06 in a weird way: it always refetches
the page and gets a TCP_MEM_HIT and requests the page and gets a
TCP_MEM_HIT and ... Going directly there works, though.
IE does not handle this with a proxy, too.

Is this a known problem? Maybe Squid does not handle the refresh 0 secs
ok or I am confused :) (maybe he does not handle it at all).

I'll dig into this deeper if I do not get a response.
I think Netscape is doing something strange there (lynx cannot view
this page correctly at all -- it always gets a REFRESH 0 and stays
there, even if not going through the proxy).

cu,

Tilman Mueller-Gerbes