Re: Squid on IDE

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:54:09 +0200

Gustavo Aguiar wrote:

> I think this is the IDE HD problem (and memory too).

If you are low on memory then Squid will crawl, no matter what kind of
disk controller you use.

> Do I have to use SCSI to work better?

SCSI works a lot beter than EIDE when you have many drives. For a single
drive there is not much difference provided that you use drives of
similar types (size, speed & diskcache).

> Did anyone had problems with IDE HD's and little memory??

Cheap IDE drives, yes.

To little memory, certainly.

Two separate problems, not much related to each other.

---
Henrik Nordström
Spare time Squid hacker