Re: Remove items from cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 18:13:10 +0100

Irfan Akber wrote:

> How do I remove files from the cache which exceed size of 5MB.
> Also how do I remove urls from the cache which have less hits
> and are stale. I am using squid 1.1.22.

Squid automatically purges objects from the cache when needed, starting
with the objects that hasn't been used for the longest time (LRU).

To manually purge objects from the cache you need to use the PURGE
method. It's enabled by defining a ACL for it.

acl PURGE method PURGE

You are recommended to limit purge in the same way that access to the
cache manager interface is.

The client program can be used to issue PURGE request

client -m PURGE http://some.server.net/path/file

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker