ANN: Squij 0.66 (refresh_pattern analysis)

From: Nottingham, Mark (Australia) <mark_nottingham@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:34:17 +1100

Squij is a Python (http://www.python.org/) script to analyse and help
tune refresh_patterns in Squid configurations; it shows a number of
statistics about object hit rates, freshness, and their state on the
origin server.

Version 0.66 fixes a few bugs (including an overflow for very large
runs), tunes the statistics and allows you to limit the analysis to one
origin server, showing how efficient that site is cached. This can be
helpful in giving feedback about cacheability to Webmasters, and when
Host-based HTTP acellerators are being run.

http://www.pobox.com/~mnot/squij/

Squij is experimental software, and is licensed under the GPL.

[ This mail is not written in my 'work' capacity; it's just the address
that I'm subscribed to the list as. Any correspondence should cc:
mnot@pobox.com ]

Mark Nottingham
Internet Project Manager
Merrill Lynch - Melbourne, Australia