Re: Squid 2.0 PATCH 2 and cache dir's filling up.

From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 17:40:55 +0200

In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.981026102346.4528D-100000@water.cam.uk.internal>
          John Sloan <johns@uk.uu.net> wrote:

> Needless to say shrinking the cache_dir to 21Kb is not ideal. And
> indeed after stopping and restarting the cache, it threw away most of the
> entries in the swaplog file without succeeding in deleteing most of the
> contents of the disk.
>
> I now have a 99% full disk, and a cache with just over 2000 objects in it. :(
Guess #1:
  Did you remove your old cache after upgrading from 1.1? ;-)

Guess #2:
  Remove your swap.logs after stopping and before starting squid - the
  "clean start" feature didn't worked very well for me with squid
  2.0.PATCHx: After a "clean start" squid2.0 thought it would use much
  less disk space as it actually did. This led to errors on my system
  similar to yours.

Hope this helps,
  Thilo.

--
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zurück. Danke!