Re: Squid's Error Msgs

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 22:23:42 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Hans Akerman wrote:

> I have removed the signature by editing the source . I think it is a
> security issue. The users does not know what firewall we are using, what
> version it is etcetera, and that should apply to our proxy server too.

You will have to remove much more than that to hide Squid existence from the
_bad guys_. Good guys are not a threat. Thus, you have accomplished nothing
but decreased the incentive for folks out there to work on Squid (a bit).

Do you strip "Microsoft" from all binaries your users have access to?

Alex.

P.S. Removing the manufacturer logos from your car is not likely to reduce
the probability of a break-in. It just makes the car looks ugly.