Re: Cache size confusion

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:25:32 +0100

Bad.

If you are using Squid 2 then removing the swap index file may help.
Squid then rebuilds (slowly) from the on-disk cache. There seems to be
some major performance problems when doing this..

If you are using Squid 1, then the only option is to wipe clean the
cache.

The fastest way to clean a GB sized filesystem is newfs. (stop squid,
umount, newfs, mount, squid -z, start squid)

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker