Re: Squid Config Prob?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 23:03:53 +0100

Matt wrote:

> Is there any way for squid to use domains instead of ip's.
> I am having lots of troubles with squid getting virtual domains
> mixed up. The other thing is that it seems to be worse in IE than
> in Netscape?

Sounds like you are running a transaprent proxy without enabling support
for host headers.

I have said this numerous times (from February and on):
Transparent proxies must use "httpd_accel_uses_host_header on", or Host:
based virtual sites will break in the way you describe.

You should also use 1.1.22 or later (or was it 1.1.21?) since earlier
releases ignored httpd_accel_uses_host_header if httpd_accel virtual was
used.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker