pipe HTML thru filter ?

From: Steffen Ullrich <ccrlphr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:00:06 +0100

Hi,
I'm using squid as a (transparent) proxy for a small group. internet connection gets established
and closed on demand and I try to reduce the time connected (In germany even local phone calls are
not that cheap!).
One annyoing thing is that some sites (especially news sites) want the browser to refresh the pages
after a while using a <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"... >. So if a user keeps the side open (maybe for
later reading) the page gets refreshed again and again so that the system reconnects again and
again. What I'm looking for is a filter which gets only activated for text/html and can filter out
these bad tag (at least if the reresh-time has an annyoing value). I could write the filter
myself - the real question I have is where could I plug it into squid.
Any hints (even pointers to parts in the src where I could add that feature) are appreciated.

BTW, I appreciate that squid-users is a closed list because of all that spam.
But wouldn't it be nice to add squid-users-digest to the allowed posters too. I
myself prefer the digest because of it's compact form (and it saves some
bandwidth too)