Re: More forwarding loops

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 21:01:29 +0100

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@nlanr.net>

>On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Jens-s. Voeckler wrote:
>
>> As I found out later (and wrote about), the forwarding loops hits with
>> documents which have the HTTP reply status "302 moved temporarily" or
"304
>> moved permanently". The nuisance (it is not a problem, since the loops
are
>> detected and broken, but latency is added) still occurs quite heavily.
>
>So the primary reason was not digests? Just trying to figure out what has
>be fixed first...

Nope, digests weren't even activated nor compiled into that peer group
caches.
For that reason, I didn't even bother to put the "no-digest" option into the
"cache_peer" line.

The amount depends on how many such pages are requested, and I am seeing
on the average one such warning per minute per cache.

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726