Re: IP acl broken in version 2?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 02:48:24 +0100

Eduardo Kaftanski wrote:

> http_access deny nodeseados

everyone denied access to nodesandos

> http_access allow intranet

eveyone in the world allowed access to your intranet servers? (you did
not includ the definition of intranet, so I assume this is intranet
servers)

> http_access allow lanchile

lanchile allowed to access any site not matching nodeseados

> http_access deny all

Everyone else denyed to use your proxy to access non-intranet servers.

> This should give everybody in the authorized IP pool access to
> everything and everybody access to my internal boxes (intranet acl)...

Looks right.

> This works flawlessly in v.1, but fails erratically in v.2 (same exact
> files)
>
> Is there any way to debug further what is happening?

First, does Squid complain on any line when it starts? Check
logs/cache.log.

Second, if you enable debugging (squid -k debug) then Squid logs in
great detail how the ACL lists are processed.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker