Transparent Caching

From: Matt <mhight@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 22:23:19 -0600

I am trying to setup a transparent chache using a redirect from a cicso
router ->linux firewall ->squid. everything seems to work fine except for
virtual domains. So I went back through the logs and found that when squid
is being used as a transparent cache it will only log domains and not ip's.
 So then I went back through and the squid.conf and the
httpd_accel_uses_host_header is set to on and also using the command line
options -sVY from a script. Then I went back through the FAQ and found
that i might need to recompile with the '--enable-ipf-transparent'......and
when I did a "./configure --enable-ipf-transparent" it came out with this
error:

checking if IP-Filter header files are installed... no
WARNING: Cannot find necessary IP-Filter header files
         Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be enabled

could some body help me as to what this means or how to resolve it?

Thanks
Matt Hight
FGInet Inc.