Re: Timeouts

From: Irfan Akber <irfan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 17:23:41 -0000

This appears to be a problem with squid 1.x. I am running it and often the
connection is terminated saying 'Document Done'. I dont know what is the
cause of the problem.

Irfan Akber

----------
From: Mohammed Hamed <mhamed@intouch.com>
To: squid-users@ircache.net
Subject: Timeouts
Date: Monday, November 02, 1998 11:50 AM

Hi,
I'm using Squid as a transparent proxy, it's working ok uptill now with
little problems.
Recently i noticed that on slow sites or over slow connections, Squid
usually fails.Previously, with direct connection slow connections it would
take the browser too long to load an images. but given enough time it loads
it finally even on rates like 10 Bytes/s .
Now the situation differs with squid, slow connections almost always dies
and even after multiple reloads the images won't load, it seems that squid
gives up without telling the browser that something went wrong and then the
browser displays "Document Done" as if it finished downloading.
Well, i feel that this is due to some sort of incompatibility between the
browser timeouts and Squid timeouts, something that has to be proven.
Furthermore it may have nothing to do with timeouts at all, maybe with
priorities, like squid is giving lower priorites to oldest connections...i
have no clue.
did anyone have the same problem ? hope someone can help me.