Re: Smb Authentification

From: Nikos Mouat <nikm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 11:44:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
   I recently implemented the smb_auth stuff and it worked like a charm.
You need to make sure your /etc/resolv.conf is accurate, and your domain
is correct. The server that you list in the program must be a real domain
name. ie: say your authentication server is messy.sample.org, it's netbios
name is MESSY and your domain is 'SAMPLE' you would use:

struct NTDOMAIN ntd[NUMNTDOMAINS] =
{
    {"SAMPLE", "", "MESSY", "MESSY"}
};

don't forget to update NUMNTDOMAINS to 1 or however many domains you have.
If you have a BDC then change the second MESSY to be correct. In this
configuration, if my /etc/resolv.conf didn't have the line:

domain sample.org

my authentication would not work. (I was testing an installation for a
customer, and had their domain in resolv.conf, but my NT stuff in the
ntd table).

nm