RE: Solaris x86 and Squid

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 18:55:18 +0100

> that no longer works your pretty much dead. The curious thing is that after
> you kill the squid process the memory is not released. This has led me to
> believe that the memory leak lies somewhere else. I had considered the

Every version of ps I've seen has a means of showing process memory
useage. If the leak is in a user level process, ps should indicate
which. If it is in the kernel, that has to be a kernel bug.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>