Re: store_avg_object_size

From: Rodney Holm <rodneyh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 11:31:39 -0700

Does cachemgr report the average object size grabbed. I looked at the read
histogram and it looks like this.

HTTP I/O
number of reads: 5093
deferred reads: 0 (0%)
Read Histogram:
    1- 1: 0 0%
    2- 2: 0 0%
    3- 4: 1 0%
    5- 8: 16 0%
    9- 16: 1 0%
   17- 32: 6 0%
   33- 64: 24 0%
   65- 128: 84 2%
  129- 256: 494 10%
  257- 512: 776 15%
  513- 1024: 524 10%
 1025- 2048: 2194 43%
 2049- 4096: 633 12%
 4097- 8192: 238 5%
 8193-16384: 79 2%
16385-32768: 17 0%

so if i set:
store_avg_object_size 4

that would cover 90% of all the reads or am I looking in the wrong place.

Rodney D. Holm                  rodneyh@apexxtech.com
Apexx Technology, Inc.          http://www.apexxtech.com