Re: Sibling access lists

From: Bruce Campbell <bc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:24:27 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Mark Starr wrote:

> Hello,
> I have the following setup: A <--sibling--> B <--sibling--> C and I want
> to force http requests sent to B from a group of IP to be checked by A only,
> ie C is not asked for them. Is this possible? Do you use some type of acl
> aonly srcdomain tag? Thanks for any help.

use acl ... src over acl ... srcdomain as the latter invokes a dns lookup
on each request (which will be cached, but it slows things down ;) ).

# On proxy B
# Define an acl; requests coming from this ip range should not go to proxy C
acl ipclassA src "file.with.ip.ranges"

# Define the cache_peers
cache_peer proxy.a sibling ...
cache_peer proxy.c sibling ...

# If the request came from an ip listed in acl ipclassA, do not ask proxy
# C to answer that request.
cache_peer_access proxy.c deny ipclassA

The above file with ip ranges has its ips listed one per line in CIDR
format, eg (my old class C and new /19 ;) ):

203.17.162.0/24
203.143.224.0/19

Cheers ;)

--==--