Re: cachemgr.cgi output format

From: Charles Dale <chuckd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:27:22 +1100

> Is it just me or does someone else find cachemgr output somewhat lacking in
> legibility?

Definitely - most of the stuff goes right over my head.

> Mostly, I want to use cachemgr to get a quick overview on the state of my
> proxy; I especially want to know
>
> * what's the hitrate by reuests (in %)
> * what's the hitrate by Kb (in %)
> * Number of requests served
> * Megabytes served
>
> with squid 1.1.22, the Cache utilisation page provided most of this in a
> nice tabular format.
>
> Now with version 2.0 you can get a lot more and more exact information -
> but ther's no percentages and it's in a format that's rather hard to read.

This is the job of an auxiliary log analyser such as Calamaris or
pwebstats. The cache manager is not so much interested in history as in
what's happening now. Calamaris provides a nice output with all of this
and can be customised as required.

Chuck

--
On Thanksgiving Day all over America, families sit down to dinner
at the same moment - halftime.