Re: http acel mode and frequently changing pages

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 18:28:50 -0700

Greg Wohletz writes:

>I have squid running in acelerator mode in front of an apache server
>on our main web server. I have compiled in the expires module in
>apache and on a page that changes frequently have the following in
>the .htaccess file:
>
>ExpiresActive On
>ExpiresDefault A300
>

>However, it is still often over 24 hours before changes to this web
>page are seen. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Please forgive me, but I am constantly fascinated by people
who run Squid as an accelerator, only to have something about
their web server break, yet they still want to use an "accelerator."

Why are you running Squid as an accelerator?

Duane W.

--
wessels@nlanr.net                           Think Globally, Cache Locally.