SNMP

From: Marc Lucke <hohums.list@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:10:10 +1100

Runing snmpd/linux. Configured SNMP exactly as shown in FAQ. Redid it a
couple of times so that I could ensure I didn't copy something wrong.
Here's what happens:

Running snmpd: snmpd stays active but stops monitoring my ethernet port
Not runnign snmpd: snmpwalk gives an error (times out).

I am a novice. Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

(as an aside, I was monitoring the cache using cron/perl/mrtg but this was
pretty clumsy I think!)

Cheers,
Marc