Re: More squid 2.0patch2 filling past the limit

From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:01:44 +0100

In message <Pine.BSF.4.05.9811160030130.4367-100000@staff.tor.acc.ca>
          Matt Stein <matt@ican.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Glenn Chisholm wrote:

> Thanks, got it. Very interesting data there, but I must point out that
> while it THINKS it's only got that much in cache, there is nearly 3 gigs
> used actually on disk.
I had this problem as well. My solution was:
1. stopping the cache
2. removing any swap.log* file in logs
3. starting squid again

Maybe this happens after starting squid with corrupted swap.logs; I
don't trust the clean start facility of 2.0, but I haven't seen squid2.1
doing this yet. So whatever it is, it seems to be solved.

Bye,
  Thilo.

--
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zurück. Danke!