Caching Documentation for Webmasters, publishers available

From: Nottingham, Mark (Australia) <mark_nottingham@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:06:28 +1100

In an effort to make users (web publishers) more aware of the issues and
benefits involved in caching, instead of trying to circumvent them, I've
created documentation that explains the why, what and how of caching in
(hopefully) easy-to-understand language.

It has been been informally submitted for review (i.e., sent to the
mailing lists for comment) to the HTTP-WG, TERENA and others.

The document can be found at

http://www.pobox.com/~mnot/cache_docs/

in a number of forms. You are encouraged to mirror and redistribute it,
as this is on the other end of a small link. I'm particularly interested
in getting it to an audience of high-volume Web sites and hosting
services, so if you know someone who fits that description, please point
them this way.

I plan to promote it for redistribution as widely as possible, but am
going to NY on business for two weeks, so I'm going to hold back a bit
on the press releases for now...

[ This is not related to my day job officially; I'm just subscribed to
this list from that address ]

Mark Nottingham
Internet Project Manager
Merrill Lynch - Melbourne, Australia