Re: Cisco licensing Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP)

From: Brian <signal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 10:18:27 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, David J N Begley wrote:

> Some may recall quite some months ago we discussed Cisco's WCCP (used between
> Cisco's routers and its cache-in-a-box product), particularly with the idea of
> getting support for it into Squid; for those who haven't heard the latest,
> Cisco has started "opening" the protocol by *licensing* it to "other cache
> vendors":
>
> http://www-au.cisco.com/warp/public/146/november98/17.html
>
> Cheers..

I would really like to see this get released to the open public, but
something tells me it isn't going to happen :(

> dave

Brian Feeny (BF304) | ShreveNet Inc. - Premium Internet Service Provider
Network Administrator | Shreveport, Louisiana - http://www.shreve.net/
signal@shreve.net | Web Hosting, Virtual Domains, Storefronts,
(318)222-2NET x 109 | Database/Web Integration, 56k, ISDN, T1