Squid inside TIS Firewall

From: Gerald Brandt <gbr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:56:33 -0600 (CST)

Hi there,

I have installed Squid 2 onto a machine (Linux, RedHat 4.2, Alpha CPU)
inside our firewall. I want to instruct squid to go through the firewall
when it gets a page.

I've looked at the squid.conf, and tried to use the always_direct and
never_direct options. I just can't seem to get this to work.

The firewall is TIS Firewall Toolkit version 1.x (1.2, I believe).

Here's some ascii art to help explain...

        -------------
        | inside |
        | network |
        -------------

            \|/
        -------------
        | squid |
        | cache |
        -------------

            \|/
        -------------
        | TIS |
        | Firewall |
        -------------

            \|/
        -------------
        | Internet |
        -------------

Squid does not need to talk to other caches outside of us yet, tho it may
soon. Right now, I just need to fetch the Web Pages from outside the
firewall. I also have an intranet.

Just in case this stuff is pertinent...

system name ip
firewall secure 198.163.210.19
squid andes 198.163.210.32

I've set up Squid 1.1 on other systems, but not with TIS. Also, I'd
really like to set up squid on the firewall, and get rid of http-gw. But
I can't. The machine is dreadfully underpowered as it is. The system
will be converted to a more powerful machine early next year, but I need
to get this up now.

Thanks for the help,

Gerald

---