Virtual hosts problems

From: Toby Chamberlain <toby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 15:46:31 +1000

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up Squid as an accelerating proxy for a web server
behind a firewall using virtual hosts, but I keep getting "WARNING:
Forwarding loop... for 'www.company.com.au' -> proxy.company.com.au

I have read the FAQ and the mailing list archives and did everything I
thought I was supposed to.... (but obviously missed something)

http_port 80
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_host realserver.company.com.au
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

'realserver.company.com.au' has a valid entry in /etc/hosts and can be
pinged etc. The virtual URL's (www.company1.com.au, www.company2.com.au
etc) have been CNAME'd as the computer with squid running (which is also
aliased as mail, proxy etc.). The interesting thing is that when I turn
_uses_host_header off it gets through fine, with no forwarding loops, I
just get the same homepage regardless of which of the virtual URL's I
use (as you would expect)...

I'm running Squid/2.0.PATCH2 on Debian Linux 2.0.34, anybody know what's
going wrong??

Thanks
Toby