Question about hardware requirements

From: Bruce Pennypacker <bpennypacker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 10:45:04 -0500

Hi all,

I work for a small (10 person) company. We have a T1 connection and are
currently using our internet providers firewall, which we haven't been
to happy with. We want to set up our own firewall, and we're cosidering
putting Squid, fwtk, and bind all on a single server. We want squid for
the http proxy & caching, fwtk for the firewall features, and bind to
resolve about 10 internal names and forward everything else on to our
ISP's name server.

Does it make sense to combine all this on a single server? What kind of
hardware would we need to handle this sort of setup for a group of 10-20
users?

Thanks,

Bruce