Re: Squid on NT

From: Marlon Borba <marlon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:39:39 -0200

>I put a sniffer on the LAN segment and I see the request going from the
>client's PC to my PC, and the response going back to the client, but
>nothing from the Squid server to the requested web site.
>Am I missing something here?

Maybe
1) routing: are you sure your NT is routing the packets to the appropriate
gateway?
2) squid must run as an authorised service in NT: there are that
traditional access restrictions NT poses to services running over it; did
your port to NT considered this (as NT-admins are so proud of? ;-))
3) NT's log says anything? Is there any strange log entry?
4) Is NT showing your process in its 'Task Manager'?

Just 'thinking aloud'..

Marlon
| Marlon Borba - Suporte Tecnico - Tribunal Regional Federal da 3a. Regiao |
| Celular: (011) 9945-2841 Trabalho: (011) 230-4683 e 230-4684 |
| marlon@sti.com.br * marlon.borba@rocketmail.com * marlon.borba@usa.net |
| Ajude a construir uma Internet livre, aberta e baseada em padroes |
| Associe-se 'a Internet Society |
| For a free, open, standards-based Internet, join Internet Society |
| Informacoes/Information: http://www.isoc.org |